11/30/2016

Introduction

In march 2015 a citizens research group started an open science project about the climate in my hometown. The aim was to measure the climate within the urban environment of the city.

I got involved in the project but after a couple of month I decided to stop. Because my interest is not restricted to the measuring of the local climate all over the town during a couple of years.

I am far more interested in the influence of the heat radiation of man made cities in relation to the global climate. And because of all the arguing about the climate change I want to find out the "basics" without the help of the IPCC reports. In my opinion it is impossible to measure a whole planet so I suppose it is wise to gain some insight in the main processes to understand the suitability of the extrapolations of the IPCC data.  

september 2015



Next chapter: "Urban environment"